2017 TAX UPDATE PART 1
Topics for Part 1 include:
NOTE: Any new tax legislation will be incorporated as quickly as possible. If you attended a program prior to the legislation passing, we will email you appropriate updates, IF WE HAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS.
University of Illinois Tax Workbook volume A
- Investments: Information reporting of investments; interest issues: imputed interest; self-charged interest; puts and calls; selected securities transactions
- Employment Issues: employee vs independent contractor; household employees; foreign workers; income exclusions; Voluntary Compliance Settlement Program (VCSP)
- Agriculture: IRS audit issues; capitalization and depreciation issues; income averaging (not covered in Chicago area locations)
- Qualified Small Business Health Reimbursement Arrangements
- Rulings and Cases
- No ethics credit in Part 1; Two hours of ethics in Part 2
Additional Materials by Ken
- Important new dependency regulations
- Avoiding liability for unpaid employment taxes by Professional Employer Organizations (PEOs)
- What is a “local metropolitan area” for travel expense purposes?
- Beware of bogus “wellness” plans